Friday, May 18, 2018

John Eats World is heading to Chicago for STAR WARS CELEBRATION 2019



I go to a ton of comic-cons and pop culture conventions.  I enjoy them immensely.  I have been to San Diego Comic-Con, New York Comic-con, tons of anime conventions, and several sci-fi conventions.  Left on my convention bucket list is Star Wars Celebration.  I am planning to attend next year's Celebration in Chicago.  This makes me very happy since Chicago is a food hot spot.  I will be going with a crew of 8 peeps who are Star Wars super fans.  John Eats World is coming to the Windy City.  Where shall I go eat?


I was told I have to go to Portillo's once I land in Chicago.  And this is from over a dozen people who love Chicago.  From the looks of it, I have to go there.  Reviews I have read say Portillo's have the best hot dogs and beef sandwiches in town.  Sounds like my type of place.



Very close to McCormick Place, where Star Wars Celebration will be taking place.  This popular eatery has a great reputation for excellent old school style pizza and pasta.  When cooking, Italian is my specialty.  I am very excited to be going to Connie's Pizza.  Chicago is a pizza haven, so I will be throwing a munch at Connie's.  



A trip to the Chicago Oyster House will be a delight.  For years I have been hearing about this establishment.  I have been told the Chicago Oyster House has the best Oysters Rockefeller, which happen to be my favorite variation of oyster.  We shall see what all the hype is about.  I hope the Chicago Oyster House delivers.


As far as breakfast in Chicago, The Spoke & Bird seems to be the place to go.  I am a sucker for a great omelet, and this eatery has one of the best.  Seems to be hip and cozy, so it has my attention.  I'm not much of a breakfast guy, but The Spoke & Bird will be well worth a visit.  Wonder if they sell shirts there.


Where there is beer, there are great eats.  Word has it that this place is alot like the Blue Star Brewery here in San Antonio.  I may have to break my no alcohol rule to explore this place.  It is very popular, and has a great food menu.  I look forward to get video of this place once John Eats World comes to YouTube.  

These are just a few of the places I will be visiting for this blog.  I am pretty sure I will have a month's worth of articles in the one week I will be in Chicago.  I am super excited for this trip, and you will see the fruits of my labor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment