Friday, May 18, 2018

Peng's Chinatown Restaurant is good to my wallet


Like many of you, I like to get the most bang for my buck.  When it comes to dining, there are not many choices these days.  One of my go to restaurants is Peng's Chinatown Restaurant.  It's over by Ingram Park Mall, and it's great.  My wallet is a big fan of this eatery.

Peng's is the poor man's Golden Wok.  But Golden Wok does not offer the amount of food Peng's does for a fraction of the price.  I usually order the lemon chicken lunch special that could honestly feed two people.  Comes with a larger than usual egg roll, great combo fried rice, and a choice of one of their great soups.  I am bias to their delicious egg drop soup.  $7.49 for a gargantuan plate of lemon chicken will always get the thumbs up from me.  Surprisingly the food is great quality.  Their twice cooked pork is amazing.  My friend Dianna described it as food heaven.  They have a great mild sweet and sour sauce they make in house.  It is not thick like the others, and goes with pork and chicken beautifully.  They have such a great menu.
lemon chicken (that's alot of food)

Another aspect of Peng's I like is they are fast.  Every time I go, I get my plate 5 minutes after ordering.  Keep in mind the amount of food you are getting.  There are not alot of restaurants thgat can pull that off.  The dining area is nice, and dimly lit.  Great artwork on the walls, very relaxing vibe at Peng's.  They may get the most to go orders by any Chinese restaurant I have ever seen by a mile.  The last time I was there, I counted 27 different to go orders being taken to the checkout counter.  That in itself is a very good sign.  Always keep that in mind when dining out.  If a restaurant has alot of to go orders going out, the food is awesome.  

Peng's is the type of place that a group of friends can agree on when they can not agree on any other option.  It offers great value, quality, and relaxing vibes.  Give Peng's Chinatown Restaurant a go.  You will not regret it.  And don't feel bad if you can't finish your plate.  After all, the portions they serve are big.  Peng's gets a huge thumbs up from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment