Friday, May 11, 2018

Got some eatery FIESTA MEDALS

I'm back after two and a half weeks, and I have a few Fiesta medals to show for it.  Didn't go to Fiesta here in San Antonio.  Didn't want to get involved with the $30 parking, drunken madness, or droves of crowds.  But, there were some Fiesta  medals I had to have from my favorite food establishments, and I am happy to show them to you.

BURGER BOY

I'm pretty sure this is their first Fiesta medal, so it was a no-brainer for me to get the Burger Boy medal.  It was available at both locations for $10, and it features its iconic light up sign from its St. Mary's location.  I guess it is a token of my fandom towards what I think is the best burger joint in town. Has the Orange Freeze logo on the back.  This one is not coming out of the plastic.

SAZON Mexican Cafe

Sazon Mexican Cafe is my favorite breakfast destination.  They opened 10 years ago, and I was one of their first customers.  Great menu, and now they are in the Fiesta medal game with this very vibrant entry.  Cost me only eight dollars, and is easily the nicest medal I got this year.  Sazon is a great place to eat at.  I'm there about three times a week.  Give it a try.  You will love it.  Order the tortilla soup.  

GOLDEN STAR CAFE

On an early entry of this blog, I told the story of the Golden Star Cafe's legendary menu item FISH AND GRAVY.  The Golden Star's latest Fiesta medal celebrates this awesomely delicious plate.  I had to get this one especially since Fish and Gravy is the only thing I order from the Golden Star.  This particular medal was their best seller this year, and a bargain at seven dollars.  You haven't lived till you have tried Fish and Gravy.  Pick up this cool medal as well. 

EL PARAISO ICE CREAM

When I want some bad ass ice cream, you will find me buying fresh fruit popsicles at El Paraiso Ice Cream.  I have been buying paletas from them since I was knee high to a grasshopper. This moving Fiesta medal features their Fredericksburg Rd. location along with a sliding iconic El Paraiso ice cream cart.  Cost $10, and they also go $30 from me for the popsicles.  I stock up on watermelon, banana, and strawberry.  Cool medal, and great place for those who appreciate great ice cream.

H-E-B

I felt obligated to get this medal for two reasons.  First, the $10 you pay for it goes to charity.  The Brighton Center provides programs and services for disabled children and their families in the San Antonio area.  Second, HEB has been my employer for the last 27 years.  They are part of the inspiration of why I do this blog.  My managers and co-workers have been my biggest supporters in this venture.  And.....it's a really nice medal.  Has the iconic red hand basket.  This medal is just another example of how HEB gives back to the community.  So pick one up.  It will look good on you.  

Those are the Fiesta medals I got this year.  If you have any cool Fiesta medals, post them in the comments.  Tell me why you got the one you did.  Next week you will be seeing more posts.  Till then, keep rockin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment