Sunday, December 2, 2018

Get your Harajuku dessert at KUMA


After leaving Hometown Burger, I wanted dessert.  I normally don't do dessert.  I have been doing well staying in shape, but I saw a sign across the way that was begging me to come hither. The day before, I hurt my knee, so I was not very mobile at the time.  Thankfully, KUMA was close by.  This was a place I have wanted to go to for quite some time.  Luckily, they have a new location at the Shaenfield Ranch Center at 7915 W. Loop 1604 N.  I limped over there to indulge my curiousity.  


KUMA offers Hong Kong/Harajuku style ice cream desserts served in a freshly made pod waffle.  The menu at may seem complicated, but it is very simple to get a grasp on thanks to KUMA's friendly staff.  First you pick your flavor of ice cream.  Keep in mind the flavors here at KUMA are Asian popular.  Some of the choices are Matcha, Unicorn, Black Sesame, and plum wine.  I chose Matcha.  Next you choose 4 toppings. I chose green tea Pocky, almonds, chocolate wafers, and pop rocks.  Seems unusual, but trust me it is sweet bliss.  Finally you choose a sauce.  I chose caramel.  Considering the size of this dessert I ordered, its price of $7.50 is a bargain.  In Tokyo, a confection such as this would cost $10 easy.  


And boy........was my creation amazing.

Here is a picture of the dessert my cousin's daughter ordered. 


And yes, those are panda cookies.  

For $7.50, you can get an Asian ice cream delight.  You have endless possibilities as far as toppings.  You can put fruity pebbles in your dessert.  KUMA is fun and a great place to hang out with your friends.  I guarantee you will fall in love with  KUMA.  For those wondering, KUMA is Japanese for bear.  Get yourself to KUMA and have fun.  It's Gai Dan Jai time!


No comments:

Post a Comment