Wednesday, December 5, 2018

FINALLY! I made it to NAMA RAMEN.

After months of trying to find time, and convincing my friends to go, I finally made it to NAMA RAMEN in San Antonio at 6565 Babcock Rd.  Ramen shops are popping up all over town, and foodies everywhere debate which one is the best.  I can not make that judgement just yet, so I will be visiting all of them.  But, Nama Ramen is very popular in these parts, so I decided to take a gander for myself.

Pulling up to Nama Ramen, the first thing you notice is that there is going to be a wait.  The wait is not usually long.  I went with my friends Lauren and Justin, who had been to Nama twice before.  The diners who usually come to Nama are young.  Usually 18 to 35.  After a 20 minute wait, we got a table.  What struck me was that the inside of Nama looked like a skinny bar in the Shinjuku prefecture of Tokyo.  Kitchen is open with attached bar seating, and small tables in the main dining area.  The menu at Nama is actually bigger than the one featured on their website.  As an appetizer, I ordered pork belly yakitori skewers with grilled green onions.  Delicious!  The pork belly was perfectly grilled, and the green onions were sweet.  Two pork belly yakitori for $3.75?  Can't beat that.  



For the main course, I ordered shoyu ramen.  It had naruto maki, soft boiled egg, chicken and soy sauce broth, sliced pork belly, woodear mushrooms, ajitama, green onion, and sesame seeds.  The serving is of decent size, and smells great.  No forks at Nama, you have to use chopsticks.  The ramen was excellent.  The egg was delicious.  Its yolk had the texture of mashed potatoes. The naruto maki was very good.  I should have added more.  The noodles were fresh, and never lost its texture.  The pork belly was great.  An excellent bowl of ramen.  It hit the spot.  I absolutely will be coming back to Nama Ramen.  



Though Nama Ramen is a small place, it is a treat for the tastebuds.  Nama also offers a huge variety of sushi beautifully prepared and served.  I emphatically enjoyed my dining experience there and would advise anyone who love Asian noodles to give Nama Ramen a try.  It's a cozy atmosphere with great service.  Slurp away at Nama Ramen!  You will want to come back.  I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment