Tuesday, April 3, 2018

My Friends And I Come Here: AUGIE'S BARBED WIRE SMOKEHOUSE



As you know, I like to go to Lockhart for barbecue.  I go as much as possible.  It is a trip I look forward to making.  But, there are times when someone in my inner-circle tells me let's do local BBQ.  That could be out of curiosity or just someone not wanting to make the one hour drive to BBQ heaven.  In instances such as that, I am more than likely to head over to AUGIE'S BARBED WIRE SMOKEHOUSE.  They have great pulled pork.

Sure it's not KRUEZ or BLACK'S, AUGIE"S is a great place to just hang out with your circle of friends.  Great selection of eats, beer, and outdoor dining.  I took a couple of my buddies with me last week to AUGIE'S so I can get their opinion.  First was my best friend PAUL AKA SPICY JONES.  He tried the footlong AUGIE DOG with chili, cheese, and jalapenos. Emphasis on Jalapenos.  He loved it.  He also liked the fact that he can relax at AUGIE'S.  Also loved the fact they had BIG RED.

Next is Blue Dragon himself, JC.  The man-child ordered the 1/2 pound chili cheddar burger which he gave a thumbs up to.  He loved the fact that the employees were friendly.  He kept flirting with the girl at the register.  Nothing came of it.  But his eating experience was a good one.  So what did I have at AUGIE'S for dinner.  I went big!  I ordered the three meat combo.  My meats of choice were brisket, jalapeno cheddar sausage, and pulled pork.  It was excellent.  The brisket is good, yet cut a little too small.  The sausage is great.  The star of the show is the pulled pork.  It is juicy and delicious.  You get a good portion, and goes great with potato salad and borracho beans.  Well worth the $15.99 price tag.  

AUGIE'S BARBED WIRE SMOKEHOUSE is located in the hip St. Mary's strip near Brackenridge Park.  You can't miss it, there is a huge pig hovering over the place.  It's a great place to hang out, and just people watch.  Stop in for a hardy meal from a pretty diverse menu you normally don't see at a BBQ joint.  They have been doing this since 2000, so they are doing something right. If I am not in Lockhart, I'm probably at AUGIE'S BARBED WIRE SMOKHOUSE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment