Monday, January 22, 2018

Hidden Gems: Taqueria Ricardo's Food Truck

     I love food trucks.  They present a bounty of delicious standards and new foods that are great.  They are hip and usually inexpensive.  There is one taco truck that is serving up Mexican gold.  Taqueria Ricardo's is a food truck that masters the art of the street taco.  Street tacos are small, but this taco truck packs it with flavor.  I have tried every item on the menu, and I see why people from all walks of life are coming for what Taqueria Ricardo's has to offer. 


     So, what should you order when you get there?  I offer a few suggestions.  I mix up my ordering from week to week.  At times I order 4 beef street tacos with cilantro and onion, one pork quesadilla, and a Mexican Coca-Cola. Costs about 9 bucks.  Well worth it.  My favorite item on their menu is the APACHE. 7 mini street tacos with different meets, sauteed onions, avocado, and lime.  The Apache is pure bliss.  I think I have ordered this item over 30 times.  The tortas they offer are great, and they make an amazing order of nachos with refried beans, guacamole, nacho cheese, and pico de gallo.  And their big burrito is worth a try. Their green and red salsas are amazing. Everything on the menu is decently priced.


     So, where can you find Taqueria Ricardo's in San Antonio?  They can be found in front of the O'Reillys auto parts store on Potranco Rd,
right before you hit N Ellison Drive.  The truck usually gets to its location around 6 PM, and stays till 11 PM.  On weekends they sometimes stay open till midnight.  They accept cash, debit, and credit cards.  They are very friendly.  Try it and you will probably be coming back for more street tacos on a regular basis.  I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment