Monday, January 22, 2018

Places I Love: SARKU Japan

     After the closing of the Malthouse, I was in search of a go to restaurant.  Somewhere I wouldn't have to think twice about going to when I got hungry.  I took me a while to find such a place.  I just didn't think I would find this place.....at Ingram Park Mall.  The food court has been an American staple in shopping malls since the 1980's.  They have featured such popular eateries such as Chic Fil A, Orange Julius, Sbarro, and McDonalds. But, at the food court at Ingram Park Mall, there is one undisputed favorite.  Sarku Japan has been cooking up Japanese fare for mall shoppers since 1987.  Easily the longest line in the food court, its menu of simple Japanese staples has made it a go to spot for foodies.  I love this place.  Small menu, but all the items on that menu are great.  I found myself going to Sarku Japan twice a week.  I get asked why do always go to that Japanese place at the mall by my friends.  The answer is their amazing chicken teriyaki.  Considered simple food in Tokyo, Sarku Japan's chicken teriyaki is food gold.  I always get double meat when I order up at Sarku, and it is worth it.  For about $9, I get a huge portion of chicken teriyaki, fried rice, and steamed vegetables.  That is all I ever get from Sarku, but it is now my go to place.  Their pork dumplings and spring rolls are great too.  The guys behind the counter are very friendly, and they never forget a face.  I love the fact that you get to see them cook your order.  How can something so simple be so good?  It's comfort food.  Just ask the 20 people in line at Sarku Japan.  I highly recommend this Asian delight at the Ingram Park Mall food court.  You will get addicted. I guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment