Tuesday, July 17, 2018

THE JOHN EATS WORLD Best of the Best 2018 pt. 1

In the seven months I have been writing this blog, I have eaten at more places than I have ever have at any point in my life.  It has been fun, and rewarding.  I want to take the time to recognize some excellent food items that have really stood out this year.  I can't state enough how great it is to be a food blogger these days.  I am having so much fun exploring food in my hometown and elsewhere. Without further ado.....here are the best of the best.

BEST BURGER
The American Kobe Beef Burger from Fuddruckers

May not look like much, but this burger tastes amazing.  The half pound kobe beef patty has the make of a really good ribeye steak, and goes with cheese in sweet harmony.  Try it with A1 steak sauce.  It costs $10, but it is well worth it.  The king of burgers in town.  Incredible taste.

BEST STEAK


16 oz. RIBEYE STEAK FROM LITTLE RED BARN

If you look up juicy steak in the dictionary, you are likely to see this steak's picture there.  It is the best steak I have ever had.  I don't even need steak sauce because it is so good.  I like mine medium-well, and it is a carnival in my mouth.  And it is served on a metal plate.  How cool is that?  Cut and grilled perfectly.  Best steak in town.  

BEST MEXICAN PLATE

  

PARRILLADA from JALEPENOS

When you get a hot metal plate with peppers, shrimp, and fajitas you are gonna grab your fork immediately.  The shrimp is good size and marinated very well.  The fajitas are tender and mesh well with the red peppers.  It is a lot of food, but who's complaining.  Did I mention the sweet onions in this delicious mix?  One word to describe this plate......WOW!

BEST ASIAN DISH


LEMON CHICKEN from DING HOW

There are few Asian dishes in San Antonio that have the pull that Ding How's Lemon Chicken has.  It might just be the best lemon chicken in the country, or at least the best I have ever had.  It's perfect!  A great mesh of quality and quantity.  It is the only plate I order at Ding How, and I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who feels that way.  It's one of my go to eats.  So delicious.

BEST APPETIZER


CAJUN NACHOS from ACADIANA CAFE

I have been to ACADIANA CAFE many times, and the Cajun nachos were the one item on the menu I always put off only because I wasn't sure I would like it.  About 8 years ago, I finally tried them.  I am so glad I did.  They are delicious.  The concept is to put jambalaya toppings on top of tortilla chips with queso.  Delightfully great.  You have to try them.

BEST SLICE OF PIZZA


GOOMBA'S PIZZERIA

The best New York Style pizza in town.  There isn't a better slice of pizza in the 210 than GOOMBA'S.  Great balance of toppings, cheese, and sauce.  I compare every pizza I order to GOOMBA'S amazing Pepperoni and Sausage 20 inch pizza pie.  They do not disappoint.  There is no one better.  Great service as well.

BEST BUFFET


M.Y. Chock Dee Oriental Market and Restaurant

If you love Asian food, this is heaven.  Especially Filipino food.  It is a huge buffet with so many delectable entrees to choose from, and they are all delicious.  For under $10, you get enjoy lumpia, chicken adobo, and pancit.  It is over by Randolph Air Force Base, but the trip is well worth it.  I can not say enough great things about this place.  Thank you to the Edralin's for introducing this eatery to me.  

BEST SIDE ITEM


THE CREAM CORN FROM RUDY'S BBQ

The cream corn from Rudy's BBQ will stop anyone in their tracks.  You can't have enough of it.  My youngest brother worked for Rudy's, and he would go with the catering team to serve at weddings and parties.  He always said the cream corn was always the first food item to run out.  You mention Rudy's to anyone, and two things come up.  Their BBQ sauce and the amazingly delicious cream corn.  I always order a quart to save for later.  It's edible gold man.  

Part 2 will be coming Friday.  Look up these places and try some of these dishes.  They have my seal of approval.  


No comments:

Post a Comment