Tuesday, November 27, 2018

My 5 favorite places to go eat at in NEW YORK CITY


New York City!  My kind of town.  What is there not to like about the Big Apple?  The largest city in the United States has something to offer everyone from all walks of life.  When it comes to food.....NYC is king.  Hated by those who have never been there, and loved by those who had the NYC experience.  I have been there twice, and I can't wait to get back.  I get asked all the time by friends about places to go eat at in New York City.  I'm about to give you my five favorite eateries in NYC.  All five are great.  

#5


ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER

Imagine you have a hankering for some good ol' comfort food in a diner setting so you can relax and enjoy good company.  Then out of nowhere.....your waitress starts singing a classic from Beauty and the Beast.  For me, this was an awesome experience.  Ellen's Stardust Diner gives you great food and the Broadway experience in one place.  They have a singing waitstaff! The place gets packed for breakfast when many omelets are to be consumed by the Stardust faithful.  My favorite dish to eat here is the RUBY REUBEN.  It is a delicious reuben sandwich with amazing corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing on grilled rye bread.  Also get a bowl of wedding soup.  Good stuff.  If you don't like crowds, go between 1 to 4:30 PM.  Ellen's Stardust Diner is to be seen to be believed, and you will love it.

#4


JOHN'S PIZZERIA OF TIMES SQUARE

The first place I ever ate at in New York City.  The place is so chill.  The pizza here is amazing.  They use quality ingredients to make this great pizza that brings in locals and tourists alike.  The chicken fettuccine alfredo is amazing.  The plates are big.  They are very generous with their portions.  But I must tell you about their calamari.  I have had calamari in many different eateries all over this country.  John's Pizzeria has the best calamari, and the marinara sauce that accompanies it is bliss.  They have so many toppings you can choose from.  27 to be exact.  This is some bad ass pizza, and to top it off, you are in Times Square.  What more can you ask for?  I love this namesake pizzeria.  This John thinks you will love John's Pizzeria too.


#3


NATHAN'S FAMOUS CONEY ISLAND

There is not a more legendary hot dog than the one's at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island.  It's an institution you must try when in the Empire state.  I must tell you.....there are more than just hot dogs here.  They got pretzel dogs, clam chowder, fish'n chips, shrimp,chicken wraps, boneless wings, & Philly Cheesesteak.  What did I order?  Two Chili-cheese dogs, beer battered onion rings, and a large cup of Nathan's Famous amazing lemonade.  Best hot dog ever!  And it's in Coney Island where there is so much to do.  It is after all the Warrior's turf.  What I also like about Nathan's famous is that they have a huge outdoor seating area.  It's perfect for sight seeing and people watching while you eat some legendary eats.  Get on that train to Coney Island and get you you the greatest hot dog known to man.

#2


CARMINE'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT-TIMES SQUARE

I love traditional Italian food, and Carmine's is the best.  It's a classy joint with an amazing menu.  I went twice in consecutive days.  One day for their Italian sausage Ragu, then the next day for their amazing meatball which is the size of a softball.  It was a bit pricey, but Carmine's is a quality place.  You just want more after eating there.  It's almost like your Mom is the chef there.  Such a great wine list as well.  The eggplant parm  at Carmine's is a foodies dream.  Huge serving of parm that will leave you saying wow for about 10 minutes.  Trust me I know.  The star at Carmine's are the meatballs.  Made in all sizes with great spices and quality meat.  Great on any type of pasta.  If you and the family are ready for some great Southern Italian cuisine....Head over to CARMINE'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT.  There...they treat you like family.  

#1


KATZ'S DELICATESSEN

There may not be a more legendary eatery in all of  New York state.  The sandwiches at Katz's are delicious as well as huge.  Whether you are choosing pastrami or corned beef, you can't lose.  The menu is great.  I have been here for all three daily meals, not in one day, but  I did the Katz's TRIFECTA.  For breakfast I had the pastrami omelet, which was amazing.  For lunch, I had their awesome matzo ball soup with the epic Katz's Hot Brisket Sandwich.  One of the best meals I have ever had.  For dinner I got the DINNER PLATTER which consists of matzo ball soup, brisket, potato pancakes, and noodle Kugel (a Jewish baked casserole).  The dinner platter is ungodly delicious.  Katz's Deli is legendary in every way.  Giant sandwiches, great soups, prepared by proud New Yorkers in a place that has historically been serving patrons since 1888.  It was an honor for me to eat there.....three times.  And there are still items on their menu I want to try.  When in New York City, get your butt to Katz's Delicatessen.  The Mecca of food in New York.  

No comments:

Post a Comment