Tuesday, June 12, 2018

PALOMINO'S #2 in San Diego, California has the ultimate burrito!



Home of the ULTIMATE BURRITO

As you can tell, the secret destination I flew off to was San Diego.  It is home of the Padres, perfect weather, and Comic-Con International.  I was here to see my cousin Martin retire from the Navy.  A grand occasion.  I was also here to search for the Ultimate Burrito.  If you know food, California has some of the best.  My cousin Laura knew where to find it.  Where do we find this mythical burrito?  Palomino's #2 on Clairemont Mesa BLVD is the place.


Palomino's has a huge menu with all sorts of Mexican fare.  Everything from delicious tacos to enchiladas to chimichangas and caldo.  Yes.......I said chimichangas.  Nestled in the burrito part of the menu is the king of burritos.  Sounds simplistic in name, but a wonderland of flavors.  CARNE ASADA BURRITO just jumped at me.  According to the internet, there were many more that this has happened to.  The burrito menu had alot of unique flavors, but was I glad I chose carne asada.  This burrito weighs 2 1/2 pounds.  The tortilla is toasted perfectly since the contents of the burrito are heavy.  I took one bite, and thought to myself that this burrito is f'n amazing.  The meat is marinated so well it actually tastes like barbacoa.  The pico de gallo blends well with the guacamole, and has a hint of cheese.  A perfect mix ingredients.  At $10.50, I should have taken one to go.  This was clearly one of the best dishes I have ever had.


Palomino's also has great seafood.  Their ceviche is very popular with locals.  My cousin Laura ordered the caldo de res.  You know, like your grandma used to make.  Only this one has bigger chunks of meat.  Laura's husband Kurt had a very unique dish exclusive to Palomino's.  CARNE ASADA FRIES.  This cauldron of yum contained carne asada, guacamole, melted cheese, and sour cream.  It looked great.  The menu at Palomino's has something for everyone.  So.....if you are ever in San Diego,  make sure you come by PALOMINO'S #2 at 9353 Clairemont Mesa BLVD zipcode 92123.  It is so good, it may make you move to California.  My only regret was not getting the phone number of the beautiful lady who took my order.  She was gorgeous.  Palomino's #2 gets a thumbs up from the burrito gods.  It's home to the ULTIMATE BURRITO.

                                                                CALDO DE RES
CARNE ASADA FRIES

No comments:

Post a Comment