Monday, March 26, 2018

Legendary Menu Items: Lemon Chicken from Ding How Chinese Restaurant

Lemon Chicken from DING HOW

I eat alot of Chinese food, and I know all the good Chinese eateries in town.  I usually try different entrees every time I go to each one on several occasions.  That is not the case with Ding How Chinese Restaurant.  I order only one entree from their menu.....and it is the best lemon chicken in all of San Antonio.  It is with out a doubt a legendary menu item.

Since 1983, Ding How has been a Chinese cuisine staple in the Alamo City.  Their legendary lemon chicken is by far their magnum opus.  Everyone I know has gone there just to try the lemon chicken.  What makes this dish so great?  It's two things.  Allow me to explain:

#1     The lemon sauce

The lemon sauce at Ding How is perfect.  Not too thick, and not thin at all.  Perfectly tangy ,but not sour.  I love the fact it is not draped over the chicken.  You can get as much sauce as you want just from dipping.  It goes great with steamed rice as well.  Other places have a really thick and almost orange sauce that seems to get thicker as you eat.  This is not the case with Ding How.  The sauce is divine. 

#2 The chicken portion size

The chicken itself is generously portioned  and delicious.  It is very thick in the middle, and breaded perfectly.  You get your money's worth at Ding How.  Ding How does not skimp on how much chicken you get.  I always get the same amount of chicken when ever I order lemon chicken.  It is juicy, and will have you leaving with a full stomach and a smile.  

You put these two elements together, and you are in for a true treat.  Ding How's best seller is the stuff of food legend in San Antonio, and I think everyone should try it.  You can't miss Ding How.  It's that pagoda looking building off Callaghan Rd. and Loop 410.  Their menu is vast and great quality, but the lemon chicken there is the bee's knees.  You have my word on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment