Tuesday, March 20, 2018

FOOD SPITBALLIN: I answer friend's questions

People have questions. I have answers.  Let's get started;

Question #1: Now that you have a food blog, will you be covering Fiesta at all?

The answer is yes, but I really had to think about this one.  I have not been to Fiesta in over 30 years.  I'm not crazy about Fiesta at all.  I have never really liked it.  All sorts of insanity ensues.  I'm afraid I will get in a fight with some high or drunken cholo, but for the sake of food, I will be covering Fiesta.  So much food at all the festivities.  How can I not cover it.  May have to defend my own life just to try a gordita, but it will be well worth it.

Question #2:  Is there a food you have been eating for years that now everyone seems to love?

Yes.  Hummus. I first tried hummus in England, and I have been eating it with celery, crackers, and pretzels.  I ate it when my friends thought it was disgusting.  Little did they know years later, everyone would love hummus.  It is really good chickpea dip.  Very healthy. I love it.  I serve it at my parties all the time.  It's just hard knowing that I have been eating it for so long, and now all of a sudden it's cool.  Hummus has always been cool.

Question #3:  What are 3 snacks I should take and not take on a road trip?

Excellent question.  Those who know me are aware of the fact I love a good roadtrip.  I have taken many, and you have to be wise with your snack choices. 

Not's:  No chips.  They are messy and stink up the vehicle.
No bread based treats.  They will have you making too many restroom stops.
No spicy snacks.  Especially Takis.  Shame on you if you eat Takis. Horribly bad for you.   Spicy snacks are murder on the road.

Do's: Beef Jerky:  Get your protein without the hell of an upset stomach.  
Gummy snacks.  Especially Sour Patch Kids.  Really controllable eating portions.
Almonds or peanuts.  They keep your energy level up.

Question #4:  Is there a restaurant you will not do an article about on your blog?

Yes! Genghis Grill.  I have personal reasons not to write about this place, but objectively, I have one reason.  In advance I apologize to anyone who is an employee at Genghis Grill who might not like what I am about to say.  If a customer hands you the ingredients of their meal, you are not a cook  or chef.  You are a glorified microwave.  There I said it.  Not an attack on those people's character, but just how I fell about the format of this place.  Great udon noodles though.

Question #5:  What there a food that was so good it left you speechless?

This happened twice.  The first time was at the house of a beautiful woman I was dating named JoAnn.  She is of Thai descent, and she whipped up some Thai chili flavored hot wings.  I was in heaven.  They were so good.  Sweet and spicy.  Nothing like having awesome wings with a beautiful woman.  The second time was at Texas Roadhouse.  I ordered a 20 oz. Ribeye steak cooked medium well.  There were not enough words to describe how amazing this steak was.  Went great with a can of  Foster's beer.  Add a bloomin onion, and you have bliss.  

Stayed tuned tomorrow as I present Legendary Menu Items: Lemon Chicken from Ding How.

No comments:

Post a Comment