Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Food Spit balling: Are breakfast tacos overrated? Should you try the Kobe beef burger from Fuddruckers? What is the perfect dish to serve at a Wrestlemania party?

ARE BREAKFAST TACOS OVERRATED?

In South Texas, the breakfast taco reigns supreme as the early morning meal of choice.  They are very inexpensive, and there are many varieties of tacos you can choose from.  It's an easy way to feed alot of people, and very easy to cook at home.  But, does the breakfast taco deserve the adulation we bestow upon it?  I say no.  I stopped eating breakfast tacos for a number of reasons.  They were starting to become boring.  I still love barbacoa, but then who doesn't.  But the usual breakfast tacos were just becoming dull to me.  If you have seen one chorizo and egg taco you have seen them all. Not exactly, but breakfast tacos are not exactly an exciting food.  I'm in my mid 40's, and I am eating healthier meals for breakfast.  I do notice restaurants are making smaller tacos, and charging more money.  Not cool.  I prefer to eat tacos for dinner.  Tacos for dinner are underrated.  But to answer the title question  of this topic, yes breakfast tacos are overrated.  Unless you are eating barbacoa. 

SHOULD YOU TRY THE FUDDRUCKERS KOBE BEEF BURGER?

My answer to this question......hell yes!  Kobe beef is amazing.  Mind you it is very expensive, but it is a meal lover's dream.  The burger is $9.99, but it is well worth it.  It is the perfect meat, and as a burger it is bliss.  I have ordered it twice, and I was singing its praises.  It tastes amazing with guacamole and steak sauce.  It is also a healthier burger.  It won't weigh you down, and tastes great.  It was about $15.99 as a combo, and I like mine with onion rings.  You owe it to yourself to try this burger work of art.  Beats flying to Osaka, Japan just to try one.  It will become your new go to burger at Fuddruckers.  

WHAT IS THE PERFECT DISH FOR A WRESTLEMANIA PARTY?

One word:  BRISKET.  Brisket might take many hours to cook, but you can feed an army with that big brisket you slow cooked for 15 hours.  It goes well with a numerous amount of side items, and you could make po-boys as well.  It is a crowd pleaser that your guests can get seconds and thirds for.  Pick a great BBQ sauce and you are in business.  You can season brisket any way you want.  I usually make a creole brisket as well as a hickory smoked one as well.  I had alot of meat leftover, but I love leftovers.  I suggest brisket be served with sides of baked beans, potato salad, and cream corn.  Brisket is the perfect dish to serve while you and your friends are watching the biggest wrestling event of the year.  If you were wondering, Filipino food is perfect for a NJPW Wrestle Kingdom party.  Like I said before, you can't lose with Lumpia.

No comments:

Post a Comment