Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Dine-In Flashback: Gladys Knight's and Ron Winans' Chicken and Waffles




I am a huge wrestling fan.  In 2011, a had the opportunity to attend my first Wrestlemania in Atlanta, Georgia.  My friends and I were already planning to hit up restaurants we heard were amazing there.  One in particular we were super excited about.  Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffles was on top of our list of eats in Atlanta.  Everywhere we went was great, Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffles was on a whole different level.  It is one of the only dining experiences where I was left speechless.  I ordered the Uncle Ron's Platter from their stellar menu, and it was the best fried chicken I have ever had.  This plate had 3 pieces of dark meat fried chicken, sweet corn, okra, and the best cornbread on the planet.  I still talk about that plate 7 years later. 


Wrestlemania wasn't very good, but all the eats in Atlanta were amazing.  Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffles is a must for anyone that appreciates soul food.  If you are ever in Atlanta, go there.  Their menu has something for everyone.  You have to get the cornbread.  If I could I would catch the midnight train to Georgia for another Uncle Ron's Platter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment